Coloring with Sponge Daubers – quick and easy!
I couldn’t be happier about the adult coloring fad. It was a favorite pastime as a child that I never grew out of. Stampin’ Up has several amazing line art designs perfect for any color enthusiast. The new Petal Palette suite is one such stamp set.
As an added bonus, the images have an artsy, watercolor feel to them. They are not supposed to be perfectly solid or evenly colored. In addition to tradtional coloring methods, these soft focus images are perfect for the sponge dauber technique.
Sponge daubers are great for getting color down quickly and are not meant for precision. They create a soft gradient of color depending on how much you layer the ink. Designed to fit over the tip of your finger, daubers are a cleaner, grown-up version of finger painting!
Create the Card
- Start with a 3 1/2″ x 5″ card base in Whisper White
- Layer a piece of 3 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ Petal Passion Designer Series Paper
- Crop a piece of Pear Pizazz with the third largest Stitched Oval Framelit
- On Whisper White cardstock, stamp the large and medium flowers and the “thank you” sentiment from the Petal Passion stamp set. I used Memento Black for my ink
- Crop sentiment with coordinating lable die in the Petals & More thinlits
- Use sponge daubers to color in both flower images and the cut with the coordinating Petals & More thinlits
- Adhere oval and flowers with adhesive of your choice and pop up sentiment with dimensionals
Don’t worry about being messy when adding color with daubers! Since we are using dies to cut out our images it is okay to color outside the lines. I like to start dabbing color in the center of my image and work toward the edge. If you want a softer color concentration, try swiping the sponge instead of dabbing up and down.
Most importantly: play around and have fun!
Thank you for stopping by! I have a few last minute reminders before you go.
- Sale-A-Bration is going on now! Earn free gifts AND Compendium Credits with qualifying purchases.
- Sale-A-Bration is THE best time to join my team! Click here to sign up now!
- The 2018 Occaions Catalog is LIVE.
- Don’t have a catalog? Email me at: [email protected] with your address and I will send you one free.