Welcome to the Pals Feburary 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “Case the Catty”. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will copy or remake projects from any of the current Stampin’ Up! catalogs and brochures. After all, who doesn’t CASE (Copy and Share Everything) once in a while. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along
Oh Catty, sweet catty. I so love your glossy pages with new crafting delights, eye catching photographs and promises of unexplored creative territory. Stampin’ Up has done a phenominal job with their product catalogs. They are so much more than a list of products to buy; they are inspiration itself. Which is why this month we are CASEing our favorite projects. I’ll admit with SO MANY amazing products in the catalog, I passed over this gem a few times. Birthday Wit was an unexpected love for me. What finally did it was the way the “Happy Birthday” part of the sentement was cut out and popped up. This photograph got me thinking about an old Paper Pumpkin kit that had a similar feel and pattern and so I came up with these….
I swapped the square background for a circle and made the card a 3 1/2″ x 5″ instead of square. Each sentiment was stamped twice in different colors. One was cropped with a circle stitched framelit and the other was fussy cut. (My kind of fussy cutting by the way, straight lines!) Add a few background layers, pop up the cut out “Happy Birthday” with dimentionals and presto! a quick and cheery card with a slightly sarcastic disposition. I had so much fun making these cards that when I ran out of my leftover Paper Pumpkin bits I had to make another variation.
This time I went a little bigger, 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, and added some glitz. The Foil Frenzy specialty designer series paper is fantastic for adding some wow to your projects. I mixed circles and squares on this design and set my squares a little off kilter like the catalog photo. Both the solid and foil layers are 3″ square. A touch of ribbon, a few rinestone accents and a doiley wrap up the design. My husband pointed out the irony of these cards saying, “These are so much more than ‘a piece of paper’ folded in half!” I’m a die hard crafter; of course my cards have to be more than a single piece of paper folded in half! Unlike most store bought cards……. hmmmm……. well played Stampin’ Up! Well played!
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on March 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rachael at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jackie Beers at BlueLineStamping
- Shannon Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Apron of Love
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
Thank you for stopping by!
- Don’t have a catalog? Email me at: [email protected] with your address and I will send you one free.
- Remeber that now through March 31st 2018 every $50 of product you spend gets you a FREE Sale-A-Bration gift! (Like that lovely ribbon I used on my cards above) SHOP NOW.